The School Counsellor works as part of the CCS team in supporting, enriching and nurturing the attainment of the School Mission and the School Wide Learner Expectations. The School provides counselling to our students; administers psychological and other assessments as required; career awareness and university/college counselling.
The school counsellor works collaboratively with staff, students and parents to provide CCS students the following:
- The knowledge and evidence that every student is valuable and is treated with dignity and respect.
- Access to high quality school counselling services, provided by a professional school counsellor on a tripartite spectrum: personal-social, educational, and career/post-secondary counselling needs.
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial differences are considered, embraced and celebrated in the design and delivery of school counselling services.
- All students can expect that school is a safe and nurturing environment.
- A positive school environment by encouraging collaboration among counsellors, teachers, administrators, parents and the community to further student achievement.
- A counselling department, which is continuously refined and improved through systematic review and evaluation of student performance data.
The School Counsellor is available to meet with students and families by appointment. Students may be referred to the school counsellor by a staff member, self-referral and/or by their parent/guardian.