Indonesian Social Studies this week learnt to make a typical North Sumatra drink, Roco Timun. The students learnt to mix brown sugar syrup, young coconut water and cucumber slices into a glass already filled with ice cubes. Some students found this drink strange but were still enthusiastic to try it. – Ms. Neny.
- 1 pcs young coconut and the milk, dredge the flesh.
- 2 pcs cucumber, split 2, remove the seeds, dice it 1 x 1 cm sizes.
- Ice cubes.
Ingredients Brown Sugar Syrup:
- 100 gr of brown sugar and 50 ml of water.
- 1/4 tea spoon of salt.
- 1 pandan leaf, tear slightly and knot it.
How to make:
- Brown sugar syrup; heat brown sugar, water, salt and pandan leaf, stir well. Cook until the sugar melts. Lift and set aside.
- Presentation; Arrange cucumber and young coconut in a glass.
- Pour young coconut water and brown sugar syrup intp the glass.
- Add ice cubes.