Welcome to the IB Diploma at Canggu Community School
The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond and it is one of the most challenging high school programmes in the world.
It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme, has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- Develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- Acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from 6 subject groups
- Develop the skills and a positive attitude toward learning that will prepare them for higher education
- Study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- Make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
- Undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay
- Enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service
Here at CCS we aim to offer a comprehensive and varied Diploma programme taught by highly-experienced international teachers.
Our IB Diploma Handbook [DOWNLOAD] gives an overview of the programme at CCS and introduces you to the options available here.
Please feel free to contact me at any time with any questions you may have and we look forward to working with you over the coming years.
Deputy Head of Secondary and IB Diploma Coordinator